Build systems to connect developers with cloud infrastructure.
Manifold.co is seeking an experienced backend engineer to join our small team. At Manifold, we are focused on making it easier for developers to build applications with cloud infrastructure. That means we build software that developers use every day.
You enjoy solving hard problems by building robust, fault-tolerant, and composable services. You lead by example, working with the team to design and implement backwards compatible APIs which give people superpowers. You want to join a team early on so that you can help build it from the ground up.
Working at Manifold:
- We are an early and fast-growing team with an ambitious vision
- We value transparency, accountability, and consistent delivery
- We have a peer to peer based workflow where all work is discussed in the open and reviewed frequently
- We focus on continuous learning by analyzing our successes and failures as a team
What you'll do
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems which are the very foundation of Manifold
- Debug issues in production across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Have a voice in all of our design and implementation discussions across the entirety of our stack
- Help to build an engineering culture that enables automated testing, continuous integration, and delivery to production on a daily basis, in a manner that is friendly and collaborative
What you'll need
- Strong communication skills with a team-centric approach to discussion and decision making
- Empathy and respect for others
- Experience working in a small team where individuals wear many hats
- Experience designing and building distributed services using Golang
- Feel at home using the command line as a part of your workflow
- Deep love of writing maintainable and reliable automated unit and integration tests
- Full command of Git, GitHub, and continuous integration/deployment based workflows
- Experience working on or with a remote team preferred
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Manifold, we help developers discover and use innovative tools and technologies; so you can focus on building, not managing, your applications. Each new cloud service we use today introduces complexity in the form of another bill, account to manage, credential to secure, and code to deploy.
Manifold allows you to build and offer cloud services to developers without having to worry about billing, identity, and credential distribution (An example of one such service: JawsDB).
We're a small, remote-friendly venture-backed company based in Halifax, Canada with teams in Toronto and San Francisco. With a shared passion for making developers lives easier and our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at the likes of Red Hat, Heroku, and Salesforce.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe in having people work from where they are most productive. If that happens to be in our offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, or in San Francisco, welcome! We'd love to have you. If you are remote, you are also welcome! We don't actually need you to be in North America, as the job summary specifies, but we do prefer candidates who are roughly within 4 hours of the US Eastern Time Zone.
We offer competitive compensation and equity opportunities, with additional perks such as a professional development allowance.