We're looking for an experienced, demonstrably competent backend developer to help us build and improve AmpMe, which is, as you know, probably the best music app in the history of the world!
Seriously though, our app is used all around the world in ways that we haven't even realized yet, and it's just the tip of the iceberg of what we can accomplish. You'll be an essential part of our team, helping scale AmpMe to millions of people. Come join us in making a difference around the world!
We're looking for
- A strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of linux/unix environments through Node.JS
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS and Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with Docker (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Java
- Expertise with database tools (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, NoSQL)
- Shell, bash, Python, Ruby or Perl scripting skills
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Git)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Communication skills in English/French
- A fun place to work and meaningful challenges that will touch people around the world
- A week vacation to the destination of your choice before you start
- A brand new laptop of your choice and premium Bluetooth headphones
- Private health clinic and comprehensive health benefits
- Salary based on experience
- Up to 10% yearly bonus, based on team performance.
- Stock options --if the company does well, everyone does well!
- Bragging rights when our app takes over the world
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain AmpMe's backend
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, build and ship new features
- Take data-driven decisions about the future of the app
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
What you'll need
Education: College Degree in Computer Science
Language: English, French
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Established in 2015 and born out of Montreal, Quebec (Canada), AmpMe has become the global leader in terminating awkward silences and turning the party up! We're building the future of music, and bringing people together.
Imagine being able to start a party anywhere you go.
Music has the power to move and inspire, and we're on a mission to bring a portable sound system to everyone, regardless of where you are and what device you have on you. The technology we're building brings people together in the real world, crafting unforgettable moments and ever-lasting memories.
As a team, we learn, we share and we break boundaries. Passion is the background music to our journey, and we're looking forward to having you along with us for the ride!
Diversity is something that we care deeply about, not only because we believe it makes us a better team, it also gives us more insights into building a consumer product that people will love. We're proud to count people from Canada, Spain, France, Iran, China, Columbia, Chile, US, Brazil and India among the team!
Finally, although we are serious about the work we do and the challenge we're undertaking, we collaborate with respect, humour and kindness.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We commit to making a useful and exciting product, and we believe that requires a productive and exciting environment. Hit us up if you think you're up for the challenge!