Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the book curator will be responsible for online audiobook merchandising and content setup processes for all digital channels, including web, mobile app, email marketing and social media, with the purpose of guiding our customers' purchasing decisions to help them find their "next favourite listen."
Covering our four major markets - USA, Canada, UK and Australia - the curator will have the research strength and marketing accumen to differentiate content strategy for unique audiences, and a true passion for books and the growing audiobook industry. This is a varied and dynamic position with lots of room for experiments, new ideas, and creativity.
What you'll do
- Curate all customer-facing merchandising including featured book lists, sales, site sliders, and promoted content, all while keeping in mind a wide variety of factors and considerations for every outlet
- Update system emails on a weekly basis with fresh recommended titles
- Stay up-to-date with trends in the book/publishing industry and use that knowledge to keep book curation looking fresh and current
- Research industry developments in foreign markets, including Australia and the United Kingdom and develop a sense of global industry awareness
- Work with other team members to provide themed lists of book titles for various external promotions and PR opportunities in the United States and Canada, e.g. "Top 10 New Audiobooks to Listen to This Halloween"
- Manage book-specific video content for YouTube and contribute to content for other social media channels
- Write book reviews and other featured book content for our customer-facing blog
- Organize contests, giveaways, and free book promotions
- Work with our publishing partners to run member deal discounts on audiobooks
- Design and run experiments and split tests on everything from guiding customer purchases to increasing featured book list engagement
- Measure and monitor content effectiveness, and communicate how content strategy is contributing to business goals
- Interpret and react to metrics to help drive site content strategies
- Assist in maintaining the editorial calendar
What you'll need
- Minimum of 2 years experience in e-commerce, publishing, or book retail
- Passionate about books of all types, and knowledgable about the book industry
- Experience in B2B relations and working with vendor partners preferred
- Good understanding of sales and trend analysis using such tools as Google Analytics
- Able to grasp and understand website tonality
- Strong copywriting skills
- Fluency in all social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
A little bit about us
Founded in 2011, Audiobooks.com is an app-based subscription retailer for audiobooks, delivering fast and easy access to over 100,000 titles to booklovers around the world. Our members can listen to best sellers, new releases and classic favourites on Apple and Android devices and via our partners: Sonos, GM, Jaguar and Land Rover. With a customer-first focus, we're constantly innovating and experimenting to create the best experiences for our listeners. Audiobooks.com is an RBmedia company.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At Audiobooks.com, you’ll never feel tied to your desk. We’ve got two stories of really bright, open space in a great location that’s just a 10-minute walk from Appleby GO Station, and we offer free parking. We provide our employees with healthy snacks, and bring in a massage therapist and a yoga/mindfulness instructor on a monthly basis. We offer full benefits, and an unlimited paid vacation policy. Our close-knit group runs a ping-pong league, a book club, and frequent lunch outings for our resident foodies. Everyone who works here is friendly, talented and passionate, and enjoys getting their hands dirty building amazing products.
You’ll love where you work!