Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the Book Merchandiser will be responsible for audiobook curation and analytics for our mobile app, email marketing, social media and PR efforts, with the purpose of increasing KPIs related to audiobook listener behaviour across our four major markets (USA, Canada, UK and Australia).
This role will work with the "Big Five" (Penguin Random House, Macmillan, Simon & Schuster, Hachette, HarperCollins) and our other major publishing partners to curate the audiobook content in our library and develop promotions and marketing collaborations. The Book Merchandiser will spend their time planning the book content communications calendar, creating themed book lists, recommending books to our customers, and running merchandising experiments to allow the Manager to make data-driven decisions on strategy.
The ideal candidate will have the research strength and marketing acumen to differentiate content for unique audiences, run split tests and analyze results, and work with the Marketing Communications team on variable projects. This is a creative and dynamic position with lots of room for new ideas, well-suited to a data-driven librarian or book retailer, publisher or marketer.
If this sounds like the right job for you, apply with your cover letter and resume.
What you'll do
- Plan and implement all customer-facing audiobook merchandising including featured book lists, sales, site sliders, and promoted content, all while keeping in mind a wide variety of factors and considerations for every outlet
- Run experiments to increase customer engagement with book content
- Update system emails on a weekly basis with fresh recommended titles
- Stay up-to-date with trends in the book/publishing industry and use that knowledge to keep merchandising looking fresh and current
- Research industry developments in foreign markets, including Australia and the United Kingdom and develop a sense of global industry awareness
- Curate lists of titles for various external promotions and PR opportunities in the United States and Canada
- Manage content for YouTube and contribute to content for other social media channels
- Write book reviews and other featured book content for our customer-facing blog
- Organize contests, giveaways, and free book promotions
- Work with our publishing partners to run member deal discounts on audiobooks
- Design and run experiments and split tests on everything from guiding customer purchases to increasing featured book list engagement
- Measure and monitor content effectiveness, and communicate how content strategy is contributing to business goals
- Interpret and react to metrics to help drive site content strategies
- Assist in maintaining the editorial calendar
What you'll need
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- An education background in English, Marketing, Publishing or Library & Information Science preferred
- Passionate about books of all types, and knowledgeable about the book industry
- Experience in B2B relations and working with vendor partners preferred
- Good understanding of sales and trend analysis using such tools as Google Analytics
- Strong copywriting skills
- Fluency in all social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
A little bit about us
Founded in 2011, Audiobooks.com is an app-based subscription retailer for audiobooks, delivering fast and easy access to over 100,000 titles to booklovers around the world. Our members can listen to best sellers, new releases and classic favourites on Apple and Android devices and via our partners: Sonos, GM, Jaguar and Land Rover. With a customer-first focus, we're constantly innovating and experimenting to create the best experiences for our listeners. Audiobooks.com is an RBmedia company.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At Audiobooks.com, you’ll never feel tied to your desk. We’ve got two stories of really bright, open space in a great location that’s just a 10-minute walk from Appleby GO Station, and we offer free parking. We provide our employees with healthy snacks and bring in a massage therapist and a yoga/mindfulness instructor on a monthly basis. We offer full benefits, and an unlimited paid vacation policy. Our close-knit group runs a ping-pong league, a book club, and frequent lunch outings for our resident foodies. Everyone who works here is friendly, talented and passionate, and enjoys getting their hands dirty building amazing products.
You’ll love where you work!