The Community Animator will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities.
What you'll do
· Development of personal support networks;
· Facilitating connections to community;
· Developing partnerships with community organizations to promote inclusive practices.
What you'll need
· Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
· Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
· Ability to work independently and work flexible hours;
Current and valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check
We're looking for
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for enthusiastic, energetic individuals committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. We are very proud to be a 2017 Globe and Mail Employee Recommended Workplace Award winner. Come and join our #teamawesome!
NBACL is a provincial, voluntary, nonprofit organization that works on behalf of children and adults with an intellectual disability and their families to ensure that persons with an intellectual disability live meaningful lives and participate in society as valued and contributing members. NBACL works with the individual, their families, employers, educators, governments and communities to change lives, change communities and defend rights.
New Brunswick will be an inclusive society in which all citizens feel that they belong, and in which all individuals have the means and opportunity to participate in the social and economic life of the province (NBACL/ANBIC, 1999).
Our staff members work provincially, based out of our six regional offices located in Fredericton (head office), Moncton, Saint John, Edmundston, Bathurst and Miramichi.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
· Strong planning skills;
· Strong facilitation skills;
· Demonstrated stakeholder collaboration and/or partnership development;
· Knowledge and experience in community development and engagement strategies;
· Excellent time management skills, the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and maintaining flexibility while doing so;
· Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills;
· Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills;
Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and knowledge of the local community will be considered assets