We are seeking an experienced Data Architect to fulfill an architecture role for one of our clients in New Brunswick. Success in this role will require in-depth, hands-on knowledge of foundational data architectures such as data warehouses, ETLs and in-memory OLAP models, as well as experience in NoSQL and cloud implementations. In this role, you will work directly with client stakeholders and project technical leadership to drive and develop the data architecture tools and processes required to support an ERP implementation for a large transportation and logistics enterprise.
We understand that you may not have all the qualifications listed in this posting – although it would be impressive if you did. Experience means a lot, and skills can be transferred and learned, but we feel passion and fit are just as important. Above all else, we’re looking for someone who can bring new perspectives to our work and culture, and has a desire to be challenged.
If you’re looking at this and feel like you’re the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply.
What you'll do
- Drive the discovery, design and execution of data solutions at the enterprise level
- Provide hands-on guidance and oversight on all aspects of the data solution delivery: requirements, design, estimation, management, implementation, migration, delivery and support
- Identify and document current and future state of data architecture
- Create a road map for implementation of a data mamangement strategy
- Be an advocate and leader promoting data architecture best practices
- Work closely with BA, business and technical resources to clarify and refine functional data requirement specifications
- Research, present and accurately articulate benefits and goals of these technologies, such as Big Data, Hadoop, NoSQL, data virtualization and data services
- Work closely with technical and business stakeholders to shape the success of the project
- Aggressively grow your skillset and translate your new capabilities into high-quality implementations
What you'll need
- Proven and extensive experience in data architecture solution design and development
- Solution architect that understands and supports Enterprise architecture practices
- Experience with modelling tools like Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Understanding of UML
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks like TOGAF and RUP
- In-depth knowledge of data architecture, data warehousing, ETL and in-memory/cube use cases and patterns
- Experienced with NoSQL topologies using tools like Snowflake, Hadoop (or like), Cassandra, Mongo, etc
- Must/should have experience with high-flow data streaming technologies and the concepts of real-time data analytics
- Comfortable using Microsoft data stack: SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI, etc
- Knowledgeable of cloud and hybrid-cloud implementations including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Strong experience using at least one of the top data modeling tools, such as Enterprise Architect, ERwin, ER/Studio or PowerDesigner.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear, robust, flexible architectures
- Proven ability to drive complex design and development efforts in matrixed environment
- Excel in decomposing complex requirements into clear priorities, estimates, tasks and deliverables
- Exemplary communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Desire to rapidly grow competencies use new skills to design and implement solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Professional experience in the application of technology in support of the transportation and logistics industry is preferred
We're looking for
A little bit about us
T4G's head office is located in Toronto, ON with offices in Halifax, NS, Moncton, NB, Saint John, NB and Vancouver, BC.
We are a diverse collection of tech experts, creative thinkers, and consultants who are driven to produce exceptional change. We pride ourselves on our end-to-end technology solutions-if you need it, we make it happen.
T4G Limited was established in 1996. Initially, our expertise and solutions were tailored to the retail sector, with service offerings in BI and development. Over the years, we have hired truly amazing talent and broadened our capabilities.
Now our work spans the key areas of technology and marketing that businesses rely on today, including digital marketing, custom development, managed services, and leadership on the forefront of data science. We support companies across multiple verticals, including retail, travel, financial services, communications, and the public sector.
T4G Limited is a privately held Canadian company with more than 220 employees, with offices across Canada and a customer base that spans North America.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
It’s more than just a job. T4G is a collaborative, values-focused organization where people care deeply about each other, their work, and our clients. We take pride in cultivating an open and inspiring environment that respects every individual and encourages them to grow personally and professionally.
A career with T4G means a place where your ideas are heard and valued, and where you’re given the support to make them come to life, all surrounded by some of the brightest people in the industry. This can be reflected through our award of the Best Workplaces to Work in Canada Top 50 for ten years running. We have a loyal expert workforce, and that makes a HUGE difference to our customers. We built our business on “Being invited back”. This is why six of our top 10 clients have been with T4G for more than eight years.