Based out of Halifax Nova Scotia, Swept builds software for the Janitorial industry. Our technology is designed specifically for commercial cleaning managers and their cleaners. We develop mobile and web based solutions that help eliminate common mistakes from happening, preventing issues before they turn into customer problems.
Now I know what you're thinking? Software for the Janitorial industry, I'm not sure if I can handle a job that sexy. Well, you're going to have to apply to find out! Come join our dev team and we'll provide you an amazing opportunity to work on some of the most challenging problems the software industry has to offer.
You're a digital native. You've grown up writing code based on your passion for the technology. You love the web and enjoy writing software that solves real world problems. You've learned the fundamentals and now you're looking to become part of a team that can put your skills to work and provide you the opportunity to further hone your craft.
What We Have To Offer
Startup's are a unique place to rapidly develop a wide range of incredibly useful (and employable) skills. We're going to put you right to work, and you'll be contributing code in the first week you're here. At Swept you'll be exposed to an incredible team of professionals that have a tonne of experience to pass on. Web development, Mobile development, front end, back end, you're going to see and do it all. Full Stack will be your middle name. Working for a startup is AWESOME! We think you're going to love it. In addition to the people, we have a few other perks we have to offer.
- Competitive salary
- Health coverage
- Flexible working hours
- Your own mac / dev environment
- Employee wellness program
What you'll do
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop web and mobile application features based on defined user stories and requirements specification.
- Working with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain web and mobile applications.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
Core Competency Requirements
- Solid understanding of PHP frameworks
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Familiarity with Github and continuous integration
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud environments
- Familiarity with Cordova and Ionic.
Preferred Competency Requirements
- Knowledge of web application development
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of unit testing and acceptance criteria
What you'll need
Education: Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
Attitude: Work hard and have fun
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Swept makes simple software designed specifically for the Janitorial Industry. Our mobile and web based solutions promotes proactive communication between you and your cleaners while providing you important information. It will save you time, make you more effective, and improve your customer's satisfaction.