What is HeyOrca?
As a developer, you have probably done some freelance or consulting work. The success of such project relies on effective communication between you, your team and the external stakeholders of the project by defining goals, deliverables, collaborating on work and communicating the results. Marketing agencies work similarly: they help tens and hundreds of clients with their marketing strategy and content; all with different deadlines and deliverables. HeyOrca is a web-based tool to make sense of this chaos: bringing the marketing team and their clients together in one place to communicate, create and deliver. Think of it as GitHub for marketing agencies.
The special forces
We work on numerous experiments and projects at the same time. Right now we're completely refactoring our front-end, experimenting with mutation testing and micro-service architecture. We also have an extensive list of feature requests and feedback from loving customers and our ambitions for HeyOrca. We can't do all this without highly capable developers to lead new initiatives forward, see the bigger picture and identify issues throughout the system: The special forces.
That's where you come in. We are looking for full-stack developers who can lead and work in projects that span over different functions. We also have room for those who see themselves leading a functional team within HeyOrca.
What you'll do
You responsibilities revolve around expanding and maintaining both front-end and back-end of the web application and its supporting services:
- Working based on Scrum as part of the technical team,
- Working on large features/projects as part of the team and on smaller ones independently
- Communication with the customer support team to identify and resolve bugs
- Expanding our internal tools. E.g. administrative tools for support staff, management dashboards, ...
- Experimenting with and implementing new technologies
- Completing the training materials/courses defined for you
Our technical team is divided into smaller teams that work on projects. The teams and positions are dynamic and change every few weeks depending on the projects. Having the skills to lead a project is a plus. Team leads often carry out the following responsibilities:
- Managing the team, sprints and becoming the Scrum master of their team
- Onboarding new team members
- Helping the product team in defining the roadmap by providing technical insight
- Communicating with the product team to communicate the scope of work
- Working with the customer support team to maintain the quality of deliverables
- Providing technical direction to the team
What you'll need
As a qualified applicant, you
- Have work experience with creating and maintaining a real web application.
- Have a computer science degree or similar education or work experience.
- Live in Newfoundland or are open to moving to St. John's, NL.
- Love programming.
We believe that good programmers can pick up new languages and frameworks fairly easily, so we are not concerned about the specific language/framework you have experience in. But, we do expect applicants to be highly skilled with at least one language and framework for the back-end and one for the front-end.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
HeyOrca was founded to answer a simple question:
How can we make planning and collaboration seamless between marketing agencies and their clients?
With a little creativity and a TON of hustle we’ve built the ultimate sandbox for social media planning, collaboration, and approvals.
Read more about us at: https://www.heyorca.com/careers
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Before we tell you about HeyOrca, read what others think of us:
HeyOrca was founded in January 2015, has passed two rounds of investment by some of the best venture capital funds in Atlantic Canada and now consists of over 30 brilliant minds. We mostly work from our office location in St. John's with an open office concept where you can listen to sales calls, ask our designer for feedback or get some help with your code. That doesn't mean we don't know how to focus: feel free to put on your headphones or go to one of the quiet office rooms to work.
We believe that HeyOrca is the right place for you, if:
- You want to make an impact in the early to mid stages of a successful tech company,
- You value learning and experimenting new ways of doing things,
- You are eager to take new responsibilities and face new challenges,
- You fear complacency and are willing to push yourself harder,
- You enjoy doing all the above all day every day.
At the end of the day, a company is only the sum of its people, and we genuinely can't say enough of this team. We want amazing people like you to be part of this, grow with us and have a fulfilling career.
PS. We actually have other positions open, so check them out and spread the word if you like what we do.