As a Grants, Partnerships and Business Development Strategist, you will have a dynamic role that affects every area of the organization and its future growth. You will develop partnerships with external business, community and government partners and substantially influence the growth of the organization.
What you'll do
What you'll do?
- Build and maintain relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders and work cooperatively and constructively with team members and members of staff
- Conduct the necessary research, including but not limited to, literature reviews for proposal development, strategic partnership creation, and business development
- Present concepts and vision to senior teams and influencing their strategic thinking
- Convene and facilitate conversations among prospective grant partners for the expanding partnerships and funding prospects
- Sample Projects: Identify and develop partnerships with non-profit, for-profit, government and community organizations; Syrian Refugee targeted program development; Competitor research and analysis of program strategies; Projects will vary month-to-month and there will be some opportunities to expand and diversify your duties, based on interests
How much work?
Minimum commitment of 6 months - must be able to commit to 6 months
Total of 10 - 14 hours per month
- 2 hour meetings every other weekend (on-site)
- 6 - 10 hours outside of meetings per month (Schedule flexibility and freedom to volunteer from home)
A little bit about us
Free Geek Toronto (FGT) is a non-profit social enterprise in the heart of West Queen West helping to bridge the digital divide. We accept donations of electronic waste, refurbish computers, and re-sell them at accessible prices.
Our vision is to make our city a place where e-waste is disposed of responsibly, safely and ethically, and where everyone has access to computers and the Internet.
Our mission is to promote social and economic justice by:
- Reducing the environmental impact of electronic waste through reuse and recycling
- Increasing access to computing and communications technologies
- Promoting the use of Free and Open Source Software
- Providing education, training, and job skills.
Our current funding streams are a mix of revenue from the sale of refurbished electronics (mostly laptops) and ethical recycling, and several single and multi-year grants. There remains untapped potential to grow our revenue significantly in the future.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
To make an impact, locally and globally
- Conserve the environment and empower people in your community
- Refurbish e-waste - Give technology a second life in the hands of those who need it
Enhance your career path
- Network and expand your career portfolio in grants, partnerships, and business development
- You will get to know and work together with volunteers with different background. Achieving goals together will enhance your communication skills
- Gain connections and experience within the nonprofit sector
- FGT is in a significant growth phase and can offer volunteers progressively more responsible roles with emphasis on roles related to volunteer personal or professional development goals
- Potential to lead and develop new initiatives at FGT including developing and leading training sessions for peers. You will be coached on how to lead and develop training sessions
- Continuous learning and professional development, cross-training opportunities, and skill development opportunities within and outside of your field
Expand your horizon and networks
- Make connections to passionate volunteers with different background at FGT
- Gain different skills and perspectives from the people that you are volunteering with
Recognition and incentives
At FGT, your contribution will be recognized! Depending on your contribution, we can provide reference letters, website recognition, free event tickets, and many more!