Spatial DNA focuses on the integration of spatial data and technologies with enterprise information management technologies. At Spatial DNA, we team with our clients to identify the key benefits to be achieved by their information systems, and determine the specific platforms, capabilities, and integration points to develop a successful system implementation. A successful implementation requires the integration of data from multiple systems, and we work with clients to ensure that this can be done through simple and automated processes that are easy to maintain.
The Integration Specialist works with enterprise integration platforms, including Safe Software (FME), Apache Camel and CFX, Talend, Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, and / or Informatica. Integration Specialists have knowledge of enterprise integration patterns, and can link location-based systems and data with enterprise platforms (CRM, ERP, work management, etc.) through published APIs or ETL processes. The Integration Specialist understands SOA concepts from an implementation point of view, and helps clients to simplify their enterprise messaging and service orchestrations across multiple current and legacy platforms.
What you'll do
- Work with Clients on integration of spatial and non-spatial data and systems using automated enterprise integration tools and scripts;
- Implement Company Platform Products at Client facilities, including configuration, installation, and integration of each Platform with other enterprise tools and services;
- Contribute to the company web-site, web marketing program, and lead-generation activities;
- Recommend the best approaches, solutions, and technologies supported by the Company that facilitates meeting the Client requirements;
- Support business development activities through creation of product and service demonstrations, including meeting with Prospects in sales calls at the request of Director Sales and Marketing, presenting completed projects and case studies at conferences; and,
- Participate in trade shows, conferences, and events that leverage the company?s products and services.
What you'll need
Specific knowledge areas:
- Airport, utility, or municipal domain experience;
- XML and/or JSON design of canonical data models for message-oriented architectures leveraging REST, SOAP, MQTT or other web-service protocols
- Agile and Lean Methodologies
- Safe FME Desktop and Server, Latitude Geographics GeoCortex, Talend, Mulesoft, Camel, Informatica, or similar
- ArcGIS Desktop, Server, Online experience is desirable
This position requires post-secondary training, with the following certifications, or combinations:
- BSc in Computer Science, Geomatics Engineering, or Software Engineering, ideally with a certificate from a college or technical institute in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or equivalent;
- 10 years of technical experience will be viewed as equivalent to the above degrees / certifications, with specific experience in spatial data analysis, spatial data management, development of GIS-based software, or development of GIS data production processes.
This position requires five (5) years of work experience in some or all of the following subject areas:
- Application or web service integration of systems leveraging Talend, Mulesoft, Informatica, WebSphere, Dell Boomi, or similar ESB environment
- Definition of Application Programming Interfaces leveraging Open API / Swagger, RAML, or YAML
- Automation of test and deployment leveraging DevOps or continuous development methodologies, and tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Jenkins
- Data modeling and ETL approaches for business intelligence solutions, and familiarity with commercial business intelligence platforms such as Qlik, Tableau, Oracle, SAP
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Spatial DNA Informatics Inc.
Spatial DNA was founded in 2011 specialising in systems engineering and integration of spatial data and technologies into corporate information systems. We bring expertise in the design and architecture of enterprise services, integrating GIS-based platform products to solve specific business needs. We are active in mission-critical systems in aviation, retail operations, and government. Spatial DNA provides the following set of services:
- Enterprise Integration - we enable location-aware messaging between enterprise platforms either on-premise or in the cloud. Location aware messaging integrates place and geography into the message stream, enabling us to integrate sensors, GIS, and geographic queries.
- Location Analytics - we build sensor networks and perform location determination to identify the movement of people and assets within the built space. Analytics and event triggers enable us to support traffic counting and analysis, movement detection and notification, and provide decision support to retail, events, and local government.
- GIS DevOps - we are bringing the DevOps build and deploy concepts, as well as lean thinking for managing the work of GIS professionals. Lean processes enable us to organize project, internal, case and unplanned work and increase the velocity of work completed, while DevOps build and deploy practices enable our clients to automate their testing and deployment of GIS tools and data.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Spatial DNA provides extended health and dental benefits, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage and other benefits.
Spatial DNA works in a virtual-team environment, with consultants and staff located across the country. Some activities require focused team-work and may require short-term co-location of the team - particularly during design activities. Working from home or other remote locations is expected and encouraged.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Spatial DNA.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Spatial DNA is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Spatial DNA via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spatial DNA; no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spatial DNA as a result of the referral or through other means.
Spatial DNA. is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status.