Looking for a new challenge with the opportunity to research, design, build, troubleshoot and optimize the underlying infrastructure at a rapidly growing, fast-paced tech company?
Go2mobi works with advertisers (from game developers to hotel brands and everything in between) to drive high volumes of customers to their apps and sites. We build and power the technology to manage and serve hundreds of millions ad impressions every day. With a growing Tech team of 14 in both Victoria and Vancouver, we pride ourselves on being a tight-knit, hardworking crew whose mission is to build advertising technologies that media buyers love. Join our pioneering tech team and work on systems that handle a million requests per second with millisecond response times and analyze tens of terabytes of new data each day.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to research, design, build, troubleshoot and optimize our hybrid cloud and bare metal infrastructure with data centres located in North America, Europe and Asia. From prototype to production, you'll play a part in each step of the DevOps lifecycle. You'll be working on extremely tough challenges that require innovative out-of-the-box thinking. If you consider yourself a technology polyglot who can learn new skills and technologies quickly and on the fly, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the mobile advertising industry.
This role can also be located in the Vancouver office.
What you'll do
- Design, build and scale repeatable infrastructure on Amazon cloud and Softlayer bare metal servers using Kubernetes, Terraform and Ansible
- Build and manage high-performance metrics, logging and alerting infrastructure
- Debug and troubleshoot complex defects in systems and infrastructure at scale
- Assist dev team in designing, building and automating service deployment pipelines
- Evaluate and learn new technologies quickly as required
- Be part of a 24/7 on-call “pager duty” rotation
What you'll need
You’ll need to be experienced with…
- Designing, building and optimizing complex infrastructure and scalable distributed systems (3+ years)
- Troubleshooting defects and performance of systems at scale
- The Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- Linux system administration
- Networking and software defined networks
- Bash, Python, Go or related languages
- Configuration and orchestration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Infrastructure metrics, logging and alerting systems such as Prometheus, Fluent, Nagios, Sensu or related technologies
- And comfortable working as part of a 24/7 on-call “pager duty” rotation
Bonus points for familiarity with…
- Service containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Spark, Presto, Hadoop or related big data systems
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Aerospike or related databases
- RabbitMQ, Kafka, NATS, nsq or related messaging systems
- Designing and implemented automated deployment pipelines
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Go2mobi is a mobile advertising and technology company with 1000's of clients globally. Our clients are brands, agencies and media buyers who want to buy hyper-targeted ads space on the mobile devices of the 3 billion global consumers who make up our advertising network. We work with a wide variety of brands, agencies, and performance marketers, including major brands like Best Western, Honda, and Candy Crush to build and deliver impressive advertising results on mobile. We're proud to say that our entire advertising technology platform is proprietary and built in-house, including our Publisher Network, Demand-Side Platform and Data Management Platform.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Work with smart, driven and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative work environment
- Work at the forefront of mobile advertising innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity
- Work in a dog friendly, open concept office in Victoria, including free fresh fruit, snacks and regular company events
- Work a flexible 40-hour work week
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health and dental benefits.