International Business Development Officer
The BioNB team works with start-ups, SMEs, growth stage companies and researchers to help foster economic development opportunities in New Brunswick's biosciences sector.
The International Business Development Officer (IBDO) will work closely with BioNB staff to increase the visibility of the province's Bio sector on the global stage while supporting their clients' efforts in becoming export ready and opening new international market opportunities. The IBDO will also work closely with other ecosystem stakeholders to support client export opportunities and develop reciprocal inward investment opportunities for the province of New Brunswick as they relate to the Bio sector.
The IBDO will work to gather intelligence on:
- potential international market clusters;
- existing and successful models for global partnerships;
- existing models for inward investment attraction for a region like NB; while supporting NB Bio clients with foreign market intelligence and validation.
This role is one of research, relationship building, intelligence gathering and of course dissemination to a multitude of stakeholders. The IBDO will be required to do research, report on metrics and support intelligence gathering while guiding clients in foreign markets. The role will require regional, national and international travel and is well suited to a highly organized relationship builder.
The candidate must hold a valid driver's licence, passport and possess a second language.
This is a 2 year contract with the possibility of extension.
How to Apply
Your application should outline your work experience, demonstrate positive outcomes from your experience working within a collaborative team, and provide evidence of effective relationship building and market intelligence activities. If selected, this position includes a 3-month trial period to confirm that you are a good fit. Note that this position will only be available upon funding approval.
- Employment Date: As soon as possible
- Position Length: Two year term with the possibility of an extension
- Closing Date: February 29, 2016
- Compensation: $55,000 to $65,000 Total compensation to include a salary, matching RRSP and shared benefits package
- Hours per Week: Full-time
Email contact: wyerxa (at) bionb.org - We would prefer that you apply online, however if you are unable to apply via the web form please forward your resume and covering letter by email.