Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Junior System Administrator assists the Senior Systems Administrator in activities such as installing new software releases and patches, system upgrades, backups and recovery and monitoring system configuration to ensure data integrity.
This role also supports the Service Desk Analyst by supporting end users via the telephone, emails and remote access tools.
What you'll do
Role and Responsibilities
- Receive, log and manage calls from internal staff via telephone and email.
- Perform user administration activities (setup and maintain accounts).
- Perform regular system maintenance.
- Verify that peripherals are working properly.
- Quickly arrange repair for hardware in occasion of hardware failure.
- Monitor system performance.
- Create file systems.
- Install software.
- Perform backups and recoveries.
- Monitor network communication.
- Update system as soon as new version of OS and application software comes out.
- Implement the policies for the use of the computer system and network.
- Setup security policies for users.
- Project management for systems-related projects.
What you'll need
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 years previous IT Service Desk experience.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication.
- Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Platform.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, and delegation).
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Owens MacFadyen Group
Owens MacFadyen Group is an independent wealth management firm providing comprehensive advice to high income, high net worth business owners and professionals.
OMG Benefits Consulting offers employee benefits and human resource consulting services to small and medium sized businesses throughout Atlantic Canada.
Our clients require and value competent, independent professional advice delivered by specialists working within a team environment. They demand privacy, confidentiality and integrity in our interactions.