** This job is available in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Moncton, Saint John and Halifax **
We are a fun, flexible, innovative, project based consulting firm looking to expand our Analytics practice and we are seeking a Microsoft Azure Data Solutions Senior Consultant.
We are seeking a proven developer and architect that can develop and implement solution architectures from start to finish.
Solution Consultants work with clients and other resources to effectively communicate, design, plan, and implement capabilities that provide value to customers. This is achieved through both verbal presentation skills and technical demonstrations. Activities include software demonstrations and prototypes; customer meetings and technical presentations; account technical support; software installations/evaluations; network/OS compatibility determinations; assessment of business problems; and identification of solutions using the Microsoft Data Platform stack - on premise and hosted on Azure.
This full-time position's primary location is Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Moncton, Saint John, or Halifax, but requires up to 50% of time travelling to other locations across Canada and the United States.
What you'll do
- Meets directly with clients' business users to identify project objectives and business requirements; and with clients' IT users to identify technical requirements
- Works within overall project plan and schedule
- Provides feedback to customers and creates structured documentation, including specifications and weekly status reports
- Advises client on configuration and implementation options based on best practices
- Provides expertise and leads technical aspects of sales pursuits
- Participates in the business requirements gathering process for client customizations
- Leads/Supports solution implementation, customization, testing, and deployment, including preparation of test scenarios. Oversees client user acceptance testing
- Acts as a technical mentor for clients in transferring solution-critical knowledge
- Collaborates with customer team participants
- Ensures that all implementation methodology deliverables are complete and on time
- Generates project status, time, and expense reports as requested by management
- Highly motivated, creative, and self-sufficient with the ability to work successfully under pressure
What you'll need
- 5-8 years of related experience - particularly Mission Critical Tier 1/OLTP, Business Analytics, and Modernization solutions
- 5+ years experience architecting and delivering Microsoft Data Platform solutions:
- SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI, and SQLServer
- 10+ years experience architecting and delivering BI/EDW projects
- 3+ years experience deploying solutions on Azure
- A technical degree in computer science or engineering
- Previous experience working in a customer-facing role
- Experience with Hadoop distributions such as HDInsight and/or Hortonworks as well as their associated open source projects (Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Specialized experience with NiFi, Kafka, Spark, and Hbase, with Scala based coding in Spark Streaming and SparkSQL
- Experienced in the DevOps continuous integration lifecycle
- Able to take leadership/architecture role as needed and work as individual contributor
- Experienced in Cluster configurations, tuning, troubleshooting, and enterprise integration
- Experience with database technologies such as Vertica, Teradata, Neteeza, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle
- Performance tuning, systems management, and backup/recovery/DR scenarios
- Experience transitioning feeds from batch to real time including Kafka and/or IoT Hub.
- Business/Data Analysis:
- Solid foundation in modeling, statistics, analytics, and math
- Develop/transform/support proof of concepts for business intelligence solutions
Professional, Consulting, and Business Experience
- Primarily an individual contributor, but can take a leadership role on as-needed basis
- Proficiency with applying different SDLC methods including Agile, Scrum, XP, RUP, and Kanban
- The ability to work as part of a close-knit team of Solution Architects
- Time management skills in a dynamic sales and delivery environment
- Field consulting or professional services delivery experience
- Ability to travel frequently to client locations
- Ability to work in the US
We're looking for
A little bit about us
T4G's head office is located in Toronto, ON with offices in Halifax, NS, Moncton, NB, Saint John, NB and Vancouver, BC.
We are a diverse collection of tech experts, creative thinkers, and consultants who are driven to produce exceptional change. We pride ourselves on our end-to-end technology solutions-if you need it, we make it happen.
T4G Limited was established in 1996. Initially, our expertise and solutions were tailored to the retail sector, with service offerings in BI and development. Over the years, we have hired truly amazing talent and broadened our capabilities.
Now our work spans the key areas of technology and marketing that businesses rely on today, including digital marketing, custom development, managed services, and leadership on the forefront of data science. We support companies across multiple verticals, including retail, travel, financial services, communications, and the public sector.
T4G Limited is a privately held Canadian company with more than 220 employees, with offices across Canada and a customer base that spans North America.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
It's more than just a job. T4G is a collaborative, values-focused organization where people care deeply about each other, their work, and our clients. We take pride in cultivating an open and inspiring environment that respects every individual and encourages them to grow personally and professionally.
A career with T4G means a place where your ideas are heard and valued, and where you're given the support to make them come to life, all surrounded by some of the brightest people in the industry.