We're on a mission to transform industries globally, through new venture creation and building a new, scalable model for startup investing and corporate innovation that works. Highline BETA helps forward-thinking enterprises innovate faster and co-create new ventures in the areas of FinTech, InsurTech, Digital Health and CPG.
To do that, we need entrepreneurially-minded individuals interested in the intersection of corporate innovation and the startup ecosystem. As a New Venture Associate, you thrive on working on a diverse set of projects with corporate clients, engaging in the startup ecosystem and helping to drive new venture and investment opportunities.
What you'll do
What you'll do:
- Help create & support new ventures with our clients through the application of Lean Startup and Design Thinking methodologies (e.g. research, problem validation, experimentation, prototyping, etc.)
- Get your hands (very, very) dirty with potentially more than one venture/project at a time
- Guide clients through doing (versus telling) to empower them towards new venture creation
What you'll need
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have a strong interest in both Highline BETA's mission and corporate innovation
- Are doer above all else -- read: get shit done.
- Believe in the efficacy and value of Lean Startup / Design Thinking (e.g. getting out of the building, interviewing, researching, prototyping, learning, etc.)
- Enjoy a diversity of projects and work (lots of context shifting)
- Are comfortable being uncomfortable
- Have a strong, team-oriented work ethic with willingness to work independently and autonomously
- 3+ years new venture experience (in roles ranging from product management to running a startup)
- Experience in digital / technology industries
- Experience in startups is a bonus
- Proven experience in applying problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Comfortable with interacting with senior level executives and investors
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in business development and relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Highline BETA is a startup co-creation company that partners with leading corporations to launch new ventures in the areas of FinTech, InsurTech, Digital Health and CPG.
We believe that diverse teams build better companies and better products. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.