BioScript Solutions is a network of companies that provide a unique complement of services supporting the distribution and provision of complex drug therapies. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality patient centered care in the specialty pharmacy industry in Canada. We've been working diligently over the last few years to help change the landscape of specialty pharmacy for patients through our distribution, pharmacy, and clinic networks. Now, we're excited to announce that we're expanding our patient services to include patient assistance programs, branded as NavieGo Patient Programs.
BioScript is the proud winner of the 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year - Atlantic Region award from Ernst & Young, which recognizes the vision, leadership, and achievement of Canada's most successful entrepreneurs. We are also honoured to qualify as an Employee Recommended Workplace by the Globe & Mail and Morneau Sheppell, which recognizes excellence in achieving a healthy, engaged, and productive workforce and is the only award of its kind based entirely on employee feedback.
We are looking for an engaged individual based in Oakville, Ontario to assume the role of Patient Coordinator. This is a full time, permanent role based in our pharmacy and the key functions include high quality coordination of patient care and services, undertaking the management of specific projects or cases within NavieGo.
What you'll do
- Reporting to the Program Manager, the successful Patient Coordinator is responsible for:
- Management of assigned patient cases and/or projects;
- Understanding and adhering to organizational and case management processes;
- Coordinating with patients, physician’s offices, infusion/injection service providers and other stakeholders;
- Reviewing, analyzing, and validating information provided by patients and healthcare providers to facilitate the initiation of services;
- Receiving, documenting, and reporting Adverse Events as per organizational and case management processes;
- Maintaining clear communication at all times with patients and internal and external stakeholders;
- Assessing patient financial assistance eligibility based on program guidelines and escalating reimbursement denials through employers or other payers;
- Maintaining thorough documentation of all activities;
- Providing inbound and outbound telephone support to patients, primary healthcare providers, infusion/injection service providers, and other stakeholders;
- Providing feedback to refine the overall patient and stakeholder experience;
- Ongoing product and process training as required by management;
- Other duties and tasks as required.
What you'll need
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in client service within a busy health care environment;
- Reimbursement experience is an asset;
- Some experience in a high call volume call centre is an asset. Experience in the pharmaceutical field is an asset;
- Post-secondary education in pharmacy, business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, or related is required;
- Superior communication (written and spoken) in English;
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset;
- Proven patient/client focus;
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated prioritization skills and ability to multi-task to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong problem solving skills and comfortable working with some autonomy;
- Business and financial acumen;
- Comfortable working with computers and technology, specifically the Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Effective interpersonal skills with a positive demeanour under varying stress levels.
Condition of Employment:
- Criminal background check
A little bit about us
Who We Are
BioScript Solutions is a network of companies that provide a unique complement of services supporting the distribution and provision of complex drug therapies. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality patient centered care in the specialty pharmacy industry in Canada. We are working to improve patient care within the specialty pharmaceutical industry through our distribution, pharmacy, clinic, and patient program networks.
Who You Are
We carefully hand-pick people to join our BioScript family who share our enthusiasm for improved access to care and our entrepreneurial spirit. Are you looking to join an innovative, Canadian owned pharmaceutical organization with an excellent culture and environment, all while having the opportunity to really make an impact? Does your personal career mission align with our mission? We want to hear from you!
To engage patients by providing comprehensive pharmacy-led care while focusing on delivering
optimal patient outcomes through access, reimbursement, and clinical services.
Within our network of companies, you're sure to find your niche if you have a background or interest in healthcare. Across Canada, we have opportunities for Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Assistants, and Regulated Pharmacy Technicians. In select locations, we have opportunities for patient and organizational support professionals, such as Patient Reimbursement Managers, Pharmacovigilence Associates, Data Analysts, Accountants, and IT Professionals.
How To Apply
Interested in being considered? Current active opportunities can be found here: https://bioscript-solutions.alongside.com. For consideration for future opportunities as they arise (we are growing!), please send your resume and indication of what type of role you are looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be kept on file for consideration for a period of 6 months. All applications are held in strict confidence.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
How to Apply:
Please submit your application electronically ONLY. Please do not contact the pharmacy directly. Please note that applications without a cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications for this role may not be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected to participate in the hiring process will be contacted.