Senior Front-End Engineer
Help us build Manifold from the ground up!
Manifold is a well-funded startup with an ambitious vision. We want to make it easy for developers to build applications with cloud services. We build software that developers like you can use every day.
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative front end developer to join our small, fast-moving team. You'll build high quality, maintainable React/Redux code. We want you to be passionate about exceptional user experiences. And we need you to work well with others, and enjoy doing it!
You'll be joining us at the start of our journey. You’ll help us shape our company and culture from the ground up.
Working at Manifold:
- We value focus, accountability, empathy, communication, autonomy, and consistent delivery.
- Our work is shared, reviewed and discussed in the open.
- We grow, learn, and improve continuously, both as a team and as individuals.
- We value diversity. Gender diversity is currently about 22% and we are working to improve that.
- We care deeply about supporting a distributed culture, and work at it. About 43% of the company do not work in the home Halifax, NS office, including the product and engineering leaders.
- Build UI components that are intuitive, beautiful and reusable across our entire platform, using React, Redux, Styled Components, and Webpack.
- Work closely with design and product in short design-first iterations.
- Build and improve our continuous integration to reliably deliver high-quality product releases to production multiple times a day.
- Contribute regularly to pertinent product, design and implementation discussions.
- Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge and best practices in front-end technologies, security, engineering, design, and collaboration.
- Help build a friendly, supportive engineering culture that encourages you and the entire company to improve as engineers, teams, and people.
- Strong communication skills with a team-centric approach to discussion and decision making.
- Empathy and respect for others.
- Experience working in a small-team where individuals wear many hats
- In-depth experience with at least one modern client-side framework, ideally React
- Interest in writing maintainable and reliable unit and automated integration tests
- Feel at home using the command line as a part of your workflow
- Full command of Git, GitHub, and continuous integration/deployment based workflows
- Experience working on or with a remote team
We believe in having people work from where they are most productive. If that happens to be in our offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, or in San Francisco, welcome! We'd love to have you. If you are remote, you are also welcome! We don't actually need you to be in North America, as the job summary specifies, but we do prefer candidates who are roughly within 4 hours of the US Eastern Time Zone.
We offer competitive compensation and equity opportunities, with additional perks such as a professional development allowance.