Our Dartmouth-based Engineering client, who has recently won a select number of international awards and is seeking an exceptional Senior Account Manager with a proven track record in closing government business to join their team.
Their niche business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus in telecommunications, technology and data integrity.
The Senior Account Manager will grow and manage their established government business. The ideal candidate will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. This position will take the lead on developing new business opportunities for our government business unit. You must be a consistent top Sales Producer and have a passion for solving complex business solutions and embrace new technologies. You should have previous industry experience in closing government business. You are a self-starter true leader and know how to build a winning sales plan to effectively manage a pipeline and funnel to get results.
What you'll do
- Grow the government business for the company
- Work closely with your Director of Sales and a team of Inside Sales professionals.
- Assess growth opportunities through data gathering and analysis of economic, competitor, financial and industry trends & information.
- Determine sales objectives and incentive plans to meet the firm's goals.
- Identify and develop a strategy to prioritize business development activities based on customer considerations - current, potential, influencers, etc.
- Develop key activity reports and scorecards to provide line-of-sight into on-going opportunity development efforts, opportunity status, potential threats, requirements and key to success for senior management.
- Preparation of annual business and sales plans and implementation of those plans for the respective region.
- Manage your internal CRM systems correctly and establish our standard work guidelines.
- Implement sales plans, distributor plans, and policies relating to our sales force and our customers.
- Provide regular and consistent feedback to the senior management team regarding progress on key accounts, sales activities, and customer concerns.
- Represents the company at industry events, local government and public relations to promote its presence, products and services.
- Drive new revenue by utilizing strong networking skills to create opportunities and partnerships for our company.
- Organize and manage a client satisfaction program.
- Represent the firm at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
- Work with the Inside Sales representatives to develop winning proposals.
- Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you'll need
- A Minimum of 5+ years of relevant sales/business development experience.
- Secondary Education required or an MBA is considered an asset.
- Government sales experience required
- Previous experience working in the telecommunications or technology Industry is preferred.
- Professional acumen that enables you to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Excellent leadership/managerial and mentoring/teaching skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Track record of proactively creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with centers of influence, team members, and management.
- Self-Starter with proven ability to proactively engage with leaders and facilitate discussions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel often.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Stiles Executive Search
Stiles Executive Search is a boutique Retainer & Contingency Executive Search Firm. We specialize in helping companies find top talent worldwide. Our Senior Level, Technical and Hospitality brand experience allows us to uniquely focus on helping companies attract, develop, and retain best-in-class leaders. Today employers face major shifts that call for intelligent responses from experienced and agile leaders. Finding those people to fill those vital positions means using the appropriate resources. At Stiles Executive Search, we understand the competencies and skill sets required of these leaders and how to find them, attract them and strategically align them with your business. We offer a full service solution designed to address the industry?s talent needs.
We craft, curate and individualize recruitment solutions for all of our clients needs. We offer a variety of recruitment options and pricing solutions. We are at our finest finding strategically, culturally and professionally perfect solutions to a niche markets human and talent resource needs.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Our client offers a competitive compensation package including an above average base salary and commission plan. Plus fully paid group benefits, matching RRSP's and more.
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to us and copy Jennifer@stilesexecutivesearch.com