Priority would like to introduce a new full time, permanent opportunity for a Staff Accountant with our client, Marijuana for Trauma (MFT). MFT is a veteran owned and operated company, with a head office in Oromocto, NB whose mission is to improve the quality of life for anyone suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, chronic pain and/or other medical conditions. The main priority of MFT is to provide veterans of the Canadian Military, Civilians and all First Respondents (police, firefighters, EMT) with the first class service and care they deserve.
The successful candidate will report to the Controller and is responsible for the timely delivery of accurate financial reporting. They will be a member of a centralized accounting department that services 14 locations (and growing) throughout Canada.
* Degree from a post-secondary educational institution with an emphasis on accounting, with a minimum of 2 years relevant professional work experience
* Proven success in a direct supervisory role with the ability to coach and mentor individuals
* Knowledge of Sage 50/Simply Accounting would be ideal
* Experience with enforcement and promotion of workplace safety procedures
To apply, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document to Priority Personnel Inc. ASAP at www.findingtherightfit.ca/job-opportunities. Please select Staff Accountant from the list of available opportunities.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.
What you'll do
* Monitoring and supervising the accounting department's daily routines to ensure smooth, effective, and efficient daily work practices. This includes ensuring all accounting tasks are being completed in a timely and accurate fashion, including the processing of daily sales transactions, the timely collection of receivables, the processing of payables and payroll, the submission of taxes and returns, and other basic administrative functions necessary to the operation of the business.
* Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Preparing monthly and annual financial statements within specified deadlines
* Preparing and providing necessary documentation and information as requested by the external auditors during their on-site visit
* Providing guidance and support to colleagues in other departments throughout the company with respect to accounting matters
* Maintaining and improving the organization's accounting systems and internal controls/processes to ensure financial information is complete and accurate
* Assisting in the development and maintenance of relationships with suppliers, industry associations, and vendors who promote the mission of the organization and serve its interests best.
What you'll need
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Priority Personnel Inc.
For over 20 years, Priority has been one of Atlantic Canada's premier, full-service Recruitment Specialists/Human Resource consulting firms.
We will help you "find the right fit" for your team and help you train, develop and manage your team as your business grows. Our strong talent pool contains the brightest and the best. Whether you are looking for that key person, or a large pool of candidates to create a strong team, at Priority you choose from an excellent selection of candidates!
At Priority our goal is to understand your needs and objectives, and to deliver results that exceed your expectations for:
Executive and Permanent Placements
Human Resource Consulting
Skill and Profle Assessment
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an exciting opportunity to jump on board in rapidly growing organization. This position boasts the ability to contribute and be a part of a space where you can truly make a difference in people's lives.