About the role
The Blue Spurs’ Managed Services department collaborates with Developers, Operations, QA, Architects and clients to support software and improve deployment frequency. Using an Agile process, they analyze requirements, propose solutions and strive for continuous improvement. This leads to faster times to market, lower failure rates of new releases and shortened lead times between fixes.
What you'll do
What you’ll be doing
- Screening, resolving and managing all incoming support tickets
- Using technical knowledge and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues
- Maintaining contact with clients and development/operations teams during ticket lifecycle
- Account management and ensuring SLAs are met
- Mentoring junior staff on best practices
What you'll need
What you need
- Previous experience in a technical support role, working with ticketing software
- Expert Linux skills (all flavours)
- Understanding of network, system and database administration
Nice to have
- Experience with Release Management tools (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Previous experience with the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Blue Spurs we?re using leading-edge technologies to provide our clients with top-level solutions. Our services range from full system development to managing complex hosted infrastructures in the cloud. We work with a diverse range of public and private sector interests from across the continent, including start-ups and high-profile, large enterprises. We?re highly sought after for our expertise in Mobile and Cloud Enablement, including rich web-based systems. Our use of the Agile software development methodology is another key element that defines the culture here at Blue Spurs.
There are exciting things happening in this industry and it?s a competitive market for top talent. We are strongly committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees, and we strive to give them opportunities to broaden their experience and constantly acquire leading-edge industry skills. Being part of a growing company, our employees know their work is a vital part of our team?s success.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Some of our perks
- More free food than you can eat (including a catered lunch every Friday)
- Excellent health benefits and RRSP package
- Training, certification and mentorship to ensure you’re constantly learning
Where you’ll be working
We are located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. At this time, we can only consider those with valid Canadian work authorisation for the role.