What is HeyOrca?
As a developer, you have probably done some freelance or consulting work. The success of such project relies on effective communication between you, your team and the external stakeholders of the project by defining goals, deliverables, collaborating on work and communicating the results. Marketing agencies work similarly: they help tens and hundreds of clients with their marketing strategy and content; all with different deadlines and deliverables. HeyOrca is a web-based tool to make sense of this chaos: bringing the marketing team and their clients together in one place to communicate, create and deliver. Think of it as GitHub for marketing agencies.
Sensei in training
50% of HeyOrca's technical team, as well as the HeyOrca founders, started here when they were students or just graduated (noobs). We got here because we learned and grew together through concentrated effort on how we can improve ourselves and consequently our team. We'd love for passionate developers like yourself to join HeyOrca to do what we did: discover our interests, our potential and learn how we can move a team forward.
What you'll do
Your responsiblities are arranged in an order that would make you most effective at learning about HeyOrca and in terms of your contribution.
- You will start with creating automated tests for new or existing features. This allows you to learn our main programming language and framework, while becoming familiar with how different parts of the application are expected to work.
- Next, you will be communicating with the customer support team and customers to identify bugs and fix the easy ones yourself. This gives you the familarity with our code base, the confidence to change it and the joy of helping out a customer!
- After that, you should be ready to create your first feature. Maybe an internal feature for the support team or building a small section of a larger one!
Roughly a few weeks after you join, you will be familiar with how everything ties together to deliver your code to customers and you are ready to be working with the rest of the team on major projects!
What you'll need
As a qualified applicant,
- You have work experience with creating and maintaining a real web application
- You are studying computer science (or similar) at MUN or CONA
- You love programming and being challenged.
We believe that good programmers can pick up new languages and frameworks fairly easily, so we are not concerned about the specific language/framework you have experience in. But, we do expect applicants to be skilled with at least one language and framework for web development.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
HeyOrca was founded to answer a simple question:
How can we make planning and collaboration seamless between marketing agencies and their clients?
With a little creativity and a TON of hustle we’ve built the ultimate sandbox for social media planning, collaboration, and approvals.
Read more about us at: https://www.heyorca.com/careers
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Before we tell you about HeyOrca, read what others think of us:
HeyOrca was founded in January 2015, has passed two rounds of investment by some of the best venture capital funds in Atlantic Canada and now consists of over 30 brilliant minds. We mostly work from our office location in St. John's with an open office concept where you can listen to sales calls, ask our designer for feedback or get some help with your code. That doesn't mean we don't know how to focus: feel free to put on your headphones or go to one of the quiet office rooms to work.
We believe that HeyOrca is the right place for you, if:
- You want to make an impact in the early to mid stages of a successful tech company,
- You value learning and experimenting new ways of doing things,
- You are eager to take new responsibilities and face new challenges,
- You fear complacency and are willing to push yourself harder,
- You enjoy doing all the above all day every day.
At the end of the day, a company is only the sum of its people, and we genuinely can't say enough of this team. We want amazing people like you to be part of this, grow with us and have a fulfilling career.
PS. We actually have other positions open, so check them out and spread the word if you like what we do.